Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Retreat Reflections


Reflections from Erica Pitcher....

Hello! Reflecting on this weekend has made me nothing but excited for summer 2013! I have no doubt that this is going to be the best summer yet. But as we all prepare for this summer I want us all to look in the mirror at ourselves and ask “Am I here for the right reasons?” 

I have no doubt that we are all here for one common goal, to bring students to Jesus. But I know it is easy to sidetrack and take our mind off of the main goal. This weekend it was kind of disappointing to hear so many staff members saying “Well I just want to be in the Shore” or “I just want to win the championship game this year!” 

Yes, we all know these are exciting things, but let us not forget what is most important. If you are at camp to see how many times your face comes up on the big screen, to please your boyfriend/girlfriend, or to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, you may want to reflect and do some rearranging of what is most important. 

Let’s get pumped up to bring students to Christ. This is one week where we get to love on these students and bring them closer to God. Radiate means to emit which means to give off. Let’s give off love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”

No comments:

Post a Comment